Pokémon Black Version is a handheld Role-Playing game (RPG) for play on the Nintendo DS / DSi. Released as a companion game to the DS / DSi title Pokémon White Version; in it players enjoy classic challenging RPG-Adventure Pokémon gameplay as they catch wild Pokémon and utilize them in face-offs against other Trainers to see who is the best. Additional features include: access to the Legendary Pokémon; Reshiram; the player’s choice of one of three starter Pokémon; an all-new and diverse game region Unova; improved graphics; multiple new battle modes; the ability to wirelessly trade Pokémon; multiplayer options and more.
- An all-new world filled with all new Pokémon to catch train and battle with
- Collect all the Pokémon available in the Pokémon Black Version then wirelessly trade with Pokémon White Version owners to complete the combined games’ Pokédexes
- Experience both Legendary Pokémon: Reshiram and Zekrom – with Reshiram available for capture in Pokémon Black Version
- Exciting new battle modes including: Triple Battles and Rotation Battles
- Players choose from one of three initially available Pokémon to start the game with that Pokémon from then on available to the player all the time
- Play as either a girl or boy Pokémon Trainer